Monday 6 September 2010

Four Weeks

Joseph looks so big already! The health visitor weighed him last Friday and he was 9lb 15 oz, he'd put on almost a lb in just one week. It's not surprising how greedy he is though. I've been increasing his bottles as he seems much more settled on them, and now he has four a day with breast feeds inbetween. I know that at this stage if it wasn't for the bottles I'd be nursing him almost constantly, I feel glad I'm missing that but still feeling guilty at not exclusively breast feeding for longer. One of the reasons for not exclusively breast feeding was so that his daddy could do feeds and bond more with him, but the novelty of that soon wore off, typical really.

Physically I'm feeling much better. I'm still a little bruised and sore. The wound is fine so long as I don't sit in one position too long, then it sort of sticks to itself and hurts when I move. The soreness is internal but it comes and goes, I'm not sure if it's normal but it's still only 4 weeks and It can take 6 or longer to recover properly.

Emotionally I'm up and down which is to be expected. The more sleep I get the better I can cope with things, and at the moment sleep is something I'm really lacking so I'm pretty moody most of the time. I'm feeling really down about the birth, I just can't get over it. I miss being pregnant and I wanted to feel my labour and birth, I feel as though I've really missed out. I know that the most important thing is that Joseph is here safe and well but it doesn't help much really.

Lucy is back at school now and Graham is helping out by taking her and picking her up, and it's much easier with just Leila around. Leila should be starting nursery next week, we find out on Wednesday. I'm going to miss her so much.

Tomorrow we have to take Joseph back to the hospital for a scan on his hips. This is a normal procedure for a breach baby so I'm not worried. He didn't turn breach until the last minute anyway so I'm pretty sure his hips are going to be just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment