Saturday 8 January 2011

Five Months

Can't believe my baby is five months old tomorrow. Everyone says how big he is but I'm still seeing him as a tiny baby. I feel reluctant to encourage his growing up, I haven't bothered with teaching him to roll over, Lucy and Leila never did anyway, they just didn't want to. He sits lovely on my lap and I've tried him once or twice on the floor but he's not that bothered, he loves lying down and kicking his legs up in the air. On reading Lucy's baby book she could lift her arms up to be picked up by now and swap things from hand to hand. Joseph doesn't seem that bothered about holding things, he drops them straight away. Although he does get excited when I hold my arms out to pick him up so he might start doing that back soon. There is no rush.

I know I can't keep him a baby forever, but we will move at our own pace, he will reach his goals I just won't be pushing him to do it sooner. Wish I could hold back the teething too, bless him, he's having so much trouble.

Think I may have to buy him a highchair soon too, and perhaps a cot?

No comments:

Post a Comment