Wednesday 22 December 2010

No Teeth, No Food but a Little More Hair!

My little man is going to be fair like Leila. His hair is growing more now and it's really light. My eldest son didn't grow hair until he was nearly two years old but then it grew really thick and dark. I thought that maybe Joseph would be the same as he was born bald too, but I was wrong.

He's still dribbling for England and chewing his fingers but no sign of any teeth yet. So I thought maybe he was hungry and tried him with a little baby rice but he spat it back at me. I left it a day or two and tried again with some baby breakfast cereal but that didn't go down either. He's not ready yet so I'm going to leave it a week before trying again, or I might just wait and give him finger foods instead, maybe he's not a mushy/puree baby.

One big shock is that he is a thumb sucker! Five kids and this is the first thumb sucker I've had. The three eldest had dummies, Leila had nothing and Joseph refused a dummy so I thought he was going to be like Leila, but he's found his thumb and he loves it. Not sure how I feel about it. I've always found it easy to get my kids to give up their dummies, but I know it's harder to get a child to give up thumb sucking.

3 more sleeps and it's Joseph's first Christmas. Not one he'll remember but I will. Lucy and Leila are going to be real excited this year when they see that Santa has been, I can't wait to see their faces on Christmas morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment